The following news was released to the national media yesterday reporting on the recent METALCON event that took place last month in Pittsburgh. This year’s Total Experience included more than 250 leading companies exhibiting the latest metal construction industry products and technology along with education and training sessions―all located on the show floor. For the full release, see below or click HERE.Continue reading
With only three (business) days to go until we officially open METALCON 2019, here are some exciting show updates regarding the CONTECH technology hub, conference schedule and the METALCON APP. METALCON 2019 is taking place in the “Steel City” of Pittsburgh next week, October 16-19, 2019!
The following news was released to the national media this week. A special panel discussion featuring women in metal and roofing will be held on Wednesday, October 16 at 1:00 pm at METALCON 2019, taking place at Pittsburgh’s David L. Lawrence Convention Center. For the full news release, see below or click HERE.
You’ve been hearing us mention it lately and it’s regularly mentioned in the industry trades, but what is it? Quite simply defined as CON – Construction … TECH – Technology! It is the “wave of the future” and it will be featured up close and in depth at METALCON 2019! This new technology hub on the show floor is being brought to you by United States Steel Corporation.Continue reading
With less than five weeks to go, REGISTER TODAY to join us in Pittsburgh, October 16-18, 2019 and participate in the largest event in North America dedicated to metal in design and construction!
The wait is over! The National Football League (NFL) will kick off its 100th season tonight with the first round of preseason games. Pittsburgh … not only home to METALCON this year, but also home to the Pittsburgh Steelers, one of the oldest football franchises in NFL history. Steeler legend Rocky Bleier, who first played in 1968 and then again from 1971- 1980, will speak at METALCON 2019 on Leadership through Teamwork, Perseverance & Hope. Hosted by U.S. Steel, this Keynote Address will take place on Wednesday, October 16 from 11:00 am – 12:00 in the main theatre on the show floor.Continue reading
The moment you’ve been waiting for (and that we’ve been blogging about) … METALCON REGISTRATION IS OPEN! 95 days until we all convene in Pittsburgh, PA, October 16-18! Industry icons, U.S. Steel and PPG Industrial Coatings, call Pittsburgh home and they are this year’s premier corporate sponsors alongside Metal Construction News. Come join us to see how America’s “steel city” will make the perfect backdrop for METALCON 2019. Continue reading to learn why you should be at METALCON 2019 …Continue reading
In a city where “encores” are a nightly occurrence, Magnificent Metal Monday takes us to New York City where PPG has received their own “encore” at the Jacob Javits Convention Center. Featured in a recent issue of one of METALCON’s partner publications, DesignandBuildwithMetal.com, “PPG Duranar® coatings were selected to reprise their role as the metal coating of choice for the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in Manhattan.”Continue reading
Increase Credibility with Clients with a Roofing Certification
Our friends with MBCI shared in a blog post, “Just because you’ve been installing roofing for 30 years, doesn’t mean installer training and certification isn’t necessary. From a bottom line perspective, it’s important for companies to be proactive in making sure there is always someone on their team who is a certified installer for the products they use—or might use.”
With the knowledge that comes with certification, you’ll be able to assist contractors and consumers alike in choosing the right metal roof for their needs. Being a certified provider, homeowners, design professionals and contractors will be able to clearly differentiate quality levels of steep slope metal roofing by applying industry performance standards.Continue reading
Did you know that you will have four chances to win a $500 CASH PRIZE at METALCON 2019? All you have to do is visit all ten Innovation Stations located on the show floor and scan the METALCON APP for a chance to be entered into the daily drawing. Cash prizes are generously donated by METALCON’s long standing partner publication, DesignandBuildwithMetal.com. Drawings will be held on Wednesday at 2 pm and 5pm and Thursday at 2pm and 5pm; entry is based on cumulative scans not daily scans and a person may only win one time.Continue reading
You’ve all heard the expression “When in Rome” … so it is only fitting that “while in Pittsburgh,” we will pay homage to the city’s rich history in sports by having two of their sports icons at METALCON 2019 which will be held in the “Steel City,” October 16-18, 2019. The METALCON team is thrilled to announce that former NFL Pittsburgh Steeler champion, Rocky Bleier, and former Pittsburgh Penguin superstar, Bryan Trottier, will take center stage as this year’s Keynote Speakers.Continue reading
Although imposed over a year ago, steel tariffs are still making headlines in today’s news. How have they affected your business this past year? Earlier today, Bloomberg News reported that after one year since the tariffs were imposed that it’s had mixed results. They are reporting that while the steel industry saw some growth in job creation, it was at a cost of approximately $900,000 per job to the taxpayer. And while American steel producers of materials like nuts and bolts saw significant gains in sales as a result of increasing their prices, large American steel companies like NUCOR and U.S. Steel saw their overall shares slump in the past year.Continue reading
- The NEW Total Experience – Pay one price and get it all AND in one place! Exhibit Hall for 3 days, non-stop education, Keynote Address, Oktoberfest, Roofing Games, and more. LASTCHANCE to save $40 by registering on line TODAY ONLY. Registration increases to full price on-site starting tomorrow, Tuesday, October 9 at 12:00 noon at the Charlotte Convention Center.
- Iconic Keynote Addresses – INCLUDED in your Total Experience registration! NFL icon, Steve Smith Sr., will deliver his Keynote Address on “Perseverance, Teamwork and Overcoming Obstacles” on Wednesday, October 10 at 11:00 am. Steel icon, Dan DiMicco, will deliver his Keynote Address on “The Economic Plan for Growth and Global Competitiveness in the US – Implications for Steel” on Thursday, October 11 at 11:00 am. Both Keynotes will take place in the NEW METALCON Theatre located on the show floor.
- Dynamic Exhibit Hall – Over 250 top manufacturers on hand exhibiting their latest products and industry solutions. Celebrate “Thinking in Color” with Sherwin Williams and their newly acquired company and long-time METALCON exhibitor, Valspar (Booth #1307), at their social open to all attendees, on Thursday, October 11 from 4:00 – 6:00!
- 2018 MCA Metal Roofing Championship Games “REV EM’ UP” FOR THE CHARLOTTE METAL SPEEDWAY!” – Watch non-stop action on the show floor as contractors compete for cash prizes! Click HERE for the schedule of events.
- The Deck – Stop by to meet METALCON’s show management team, snap a photo at the photo booth, enjoy a cold beer and “give back” for a chance to win awesome raffle prizes!
- GIVE BACK to children this year! Join us as we raise money for the Steve Smith Family Foundation, dedicated to the health and wellness of children. For a minimum donation of $25, you’ll be entered to win raffle prizes, including a Steve Smith autographed Carolina Panther Jersey or NFL football, or two tickets to the Carolina Panthers game with a two-night hotel stay. DONATE on-line or in person at The Deck.
- Learning Centers (Booths 1813 and 1837) – INCLUDED in your Total Experience registration. Offering you flexibility of choice, all-day education on a variety of topics including: Growing Your Business, Ownership/Leadership Transition, Field Techniques, Safety and much more. Click here for the full schedule.
- Innovation Scanner Hunt – Download the METALCON APP for a chance to win cash prizes by scanning ALL 10 Innovation Stations on the show floor. Daily cash drawings will be held at The DECK (Booth #1005), provided once again by DESIGNANDBUILDWITHMETAL.COM
- Metal Roof Installation Training – A METALCON Exclusive! Receive MCA’s Metal Roofing Certificate of Completion after taking this 8-hour training course offered ONLY at METALCON. Course starts tomorrow, Tuesday, October 9 at 1:00 pm. REGISTER today!
- Oktoberfest @ METALCON – Enjoy a cold beer with exhibitors Wednesday & Thursday afternoons from 1-5pm! Click HERE for a full schedule.
JOIN US THIS WEEK AT THE CHARLOTTE CONVENTION CENTER IN CHARLOTTE, NORTH CAROLINA!
Show off your roofing skills at METALCON 2018 and you will have the chance of winning up to $8,500! The MCA Metal Roofing Games take place directly on the show floor at METALCON so conveniently located near all of the exhibits and education sessions. Join us at this year’s “Total Experience” in Charlotte, North Carolina, October 10-12, 2018. Click HERE to register your team to compete in the Roofing Games.
Take advantage of our current “BACKTOSCHOOL” offer and receive 40% off registration. Click HERE to register. Good through September 30 so register today!
METALCON’s commitment to the metal industry goes beyond the exhibits. The annual trade show aims to provide you with an overall experience, including education and training programs. Most of the education sessions are included in your new Total Experience registration with a handful of more extensive special programs available at an additional cost.
Steve Smith, former Carolina Panthers star and Dan DiMicco, former CEO of NUCOR Steel will lead the Keynote Addresses at METALCON 2018
Join us at the redesigned METALCON show October 10-12, 2018 in Charlotte, North Carolina, and be among the largest number of metal professionals in the industry. Your Total Experience will include the exhibits along with the education sessions ALL located on the show floor. Key industry topics will be presented at the new METALCON Theatre including two keynote addresses along with multiple general sessions.
Wednesday, October 10, 11:00 am – 12:00 pm:
Steve Smith, NFL star formerly with the Carolina Panthers, will be speaking on perseverance, teamwork and overcoming obstacles. Mr. Smith and his wife now head their non-profit organization called the Steve Smith Family Foundation, dedicated to providing hope and inspiration to those in need while promoting family health & wellness as well as the awareness and prevention of domestic violence.
Thursday, October 11, 11:00 am – 12:00 pm:
Dan DiMicco, retired CEO, current Chairman Emeritus of NUCOR Steel, and author of the book, “American Made,” will be speaking on “The Good the Bad and the Ugly on Steel Tariffs.” Mr. DiMicco not only revived a major US manufacturing firm during a recession, but helped galvanize the flagging domestic steel industry when many of his competitors were in bankruptcy or headed overseas. NUCOR is the largest producer of steel in the United States and also consider themselves North America’s largest recycler.
We are thrilled to have these two giants in their respective industries – Steve Smith, NFL star, and Dan DiMicco, steel industry icon – lead the METALCON Keynote Addresses at this year’s show. With our new Total Experience package, there is no need to pay extra to attend these sessions and no need to go searching for them. The METALCON Theatre will be located directly on the show floor. All located in one place, for one price.