As winter weather officially sets in and reports of snow and ice storms appear in the news on a more regular basis, thanks to our friends at MCA, you will be well prepared. MCA has released a technical bulletin concerning snow retention and the proper design and use of snow retention devices when a metal roof is involved called Qualifying Snow Retention Systems for Metal Roofing.Continue reading
re·cov·er·y /rəˈkəv(ə)rē/ – noun 1. a return to a normal state of health, mind, or strength
After a week-long post-show recovery and reprieve, blogging is back in action with exciting METALCON 2018 updates! Despite Hurricane Michael “breezing” by Charlotte, METALCON attendees and exhibitors were treated like royalty in the “Queen’s City.”
METALCON 2018 offered attendees and exhibitors three jam-packed days of networking, learning, spectating, photo-snapping, donating and overall, celebrating an industry “built by hand.” Launching a new format can be risky, but METALCON show director, Claire Kilcoyne, “felt it was time to shake things up.” Claire explains, “With all of the exhibits Continue reading
- The NEW Total Experience – Pay one price and get it all AND in one place! Exhibit Hall for 3 days, non-stop education, Keynote Address, Oktoberfest, Roofing Games, and more. LASTCHANCE to save $40 by registering on line TODAY ONLY. Registration increases to full price on-site starting tomorrow, Tuesday, October 9 at 12:00 noon at the Charlotte Convention Center.
- Iconic Keynote Addresses – INCLUDED in your Total Experience registration! NFL icon, Steve Smith Sr., will deliver his Keynote Address on “Perseverance, Teamwork and Overcoming Obstacles” on Wednesday, October 10 at 11:00 am. Steel icon, Dan DiMicco, will deliver his Keynote Address on “The Economic Plan for Growth and Global Competitiveness in the US – Implications for Steel” on Thursday, October 11 at 11:00 am. Both Keynotes will take place in the NEW METALCON Theatre located on the show floor.
- Dynamic Exhibit Hall – Over 250 top manufacturers on hand exhibiting their latest products and industry solutions. Celebrate “Thinking in Color” with Sherwin Williams and their newly acquired company and long-time METALCON exhibitor, Valspar (Booth #1307), at their social open to all attendees, on Thursday, October 11 from 4:00 – 6:00!
- 2018 MCA Metal Roofing Championship Games “REV EM’ UP” FOR THE CHARLOTTE METAL SPEEDWAY!” – Watch non-stop action on the show floor as contractors compete for cash prizes! Click HERE for the schedule of events.
- The Deck – Stop by to meet METALCON’s show management team, snap a photo at the photo booth, enjoy a cold beer and “give back” for a chance to win awesome raffle prizes!
- GIVE BACK to children this year! Join us as we raise money for the Steve Smith Family Foundation, dedicated to the health and wellness of children. For a minimum donation of $25, you’ll be entered to win raffle prizes, including a Steve Smith autographed Carolina Panther Jersey or NFL football, or two tickets to the Carolina Panthers game with a two-night hotel stay. DONATE on-line or in person at The Deck.
- Learning Centers (Booths 1813 and 1837) – INCLUDED in your Total Experience registration. Offering you flexibility of choice, all-day education on a variety of topics including: Growing Your Business, Ownership/Leadership Transition, Field Techniques, Safety and much more. Click here for the full schedule.
- Innovation Scanner Hunt – Download the METALCON APP for a chance to win cash prizes by scanning ALL 10 Innovation Stations on the show floor. Daily cash drawings will be held at The DECK (Booth #1005), provided once again by DESIGNANDBUILDWITHMETAL.COM
- Metal Roof Installation Training – A METALCON Exclusive! Receive MCA’s Metal Roofing Certificate of Completion after taking this 8-hour training course offered ONLY at METALCON. Course starts tomorrow, Tuesday, October 9 at 1:00 pm. REGISTER today!
- Oktoberfest @ METALCON – Enjoy a cold beer with exhibitors Wednesday & Thursday afternoons from 1-5pm! Click HERE for a full schedule.
JOIN US THIS WEEK AT THE CHARLOTTE CONVENTION CENTER IN CHARLOTTE, NORTH CAROLINA!
Show off your roofing skills at METALCON 2018 and you will have the chance of winning up to $8,500! The MCA Metal Roofing Games take place directly on the show floor at METALCON so conveniently located near all of the exhibits and education sessions. Join us at this year’s “Total Experience” in Charlotte, North Carolina, October 10-12, 2018. Click HERE to register your team to compete in the Roofing Games.
Take advantage of our current “BACKTOSCHOOL” offer and receive 40% off registration. Click HERE to register. Good through September 30 so register today!
METALCON’s commitment to the metal industry goes beyond the exhibits. The annual trade show aims to provide you with an overall experience, including education and training programs. Most of the education sessions are included in your new Total Experience registration with a handful of more extensive special programs available at an additional cost.
Join us October 10-12 at the Charlotte Convention Center in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Reserve your place at METALCON’S TOTAL EXPERIENCE today! Experience the redesigned METALCON this year with everything in one place! We know that “time is money” so the goal is to maximize efficiency along with your return on investment by minimizing the time you spend trying to find everything. ALL exhibits …. ALL education …. ALL keynote addresses … plus the extras you have come to love including the Metal Roofing Championship Games, The Deck, Innovation Stations Scanning Scavenger Hunt, and Oktoberfest … will ALL be located in one place on the trade show floor. AND … for one price!
METALCON’s Total Experience will feature one inclusive cost of $95 for all three days. Experience the exhibit hall, keynote and general sessions, learning centers, Metal Roofing Games and more for one price! REGISTER TODAY!
While you are registering, we encourage you to “Invite a Friend” to join you at METALCON. Click on the link and send your friend or colleague all the information they need to register.
Special programs are also being offered at METALCON 2018 including Metal Roof Installation Certification Training, Best Practices for Installing and Bidding on Insulated Metal Panels, Roll Forming for the Metal Construction Industry Part I and II, MBCEA’s Controlled Decking Zone (Train the Trainer), and Soldering Techniques. These can be selected in the registration process and if selected, include the Total Experience package.
We look forward to seeing you in Charlotte in October!
Become a Certified Metal Roof Installer in just 2 days at METALCON 2018! For the third consecutive year, top experts in the metal roofing industry will lead a two-day, eight-hour certification program based on MCA’s Metal Roof Installation Manual. The Metal Roof Installation Training offers quality face-time with industry experts on substrates, safety, sealants, flashings, panel types and connections, tools, fasteners, maintenance and more. This year’s course will take place Tuesday afternoon, October 9, from 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm and Wednesday, October 10, from 10:00 am – 4:00 pm (including 2 hours on the show floor) at METALCON 2018 in Charlotte, North Carolina. Registration in the training will also include access to the trade show for all three days! Continue reading
OFFICIAL METALCON HOUSING WILL OPEN MAY 1
ALERT! ALERT! ALERT! Please watch out for imposter housing companies who are already soliciting your business to book a hotel room for METALCON. Do not be fooled by these “fake” housing companies. Globetrotter International is METALCON’s ONLY OFFICIAL housing company. METALCON hotel reservations will officially open on May 1. We ask that you please wait until then and book within the room blocks held for the trade show. It matters and is important for the success of the show!
DREAMING OF BEING A ROOFING GAMES CHAMPION? PRE-REGISTER TODAY!
Be a part of the 5TH Annual National Metal Roofing Championship Games competition to be held this October at METALCON in Charlotte, NC. The MCA Metal Roofing Games Task Force is now taking contestant registrations. Ten teams of two participants each are needed for the competition. Teams should consist of players from the same company and who are planning to attend METALCON all 3 days of the event.
Similar to last year, there will be five challenges each on Wednesday and Thursday, October 10 and 11. The team that scores the highest collective points each day will be required to return on Friday October 12th for a run-off competition. The winning team on Friday will be recognized as the 2018 MCA METALCON Metal Roofing National Champion and receive a Grand Cash Prize of $2,000. Last year, $8,500 cash was awarded over the 3-day competition. Returning this year will be the 2017 National Champions, Matt Cox and Justin Hopta of Thomas Phoenix International. Who wants to try their luck against the returning champs? All MCA member companies are encouraged to recruit their customers to participate in the competition.
Catch all the “buzz” in METALCONnection’s first issue of 2018 and get up to speed on plans for METALCON’s 2018 show in Charlotte, North Carolina October 10-12. METALCON’s 2017 show was one of the largest in the show’s history, and plans are underway for this year’s show to be even more dynamic, larger, and offer the latest in products and technology. Continue reading