According to the latest figures from the Metal Roofing Alliance (MRA), metal roofing is growing in popularity, especially in states that experience severe climate conditions. The report identifies the top five states for interest in metal roofing are Florida, Pennsylvania, California, New York and North Carolina, with Texas close behind.Continue reading
DesignandBuildwithMetal.com has issued their inaugural Metal Roofing Edition. This issue features some of the most outstanding metal roofing projects showcased on their website over the past 12 months, along with a number of supporting articles dealing with related technologies and ancillary products. The cover features a fire station in Florida that doubles as a hurricane command center. The building showcases metal roofing from Petersen, illustrating both the aesthetic qualities and performance attributes that have made metal the first choice for such projects.Continue reading
As winter weather officially sets in and reports of snow and ice storms appear in the news on a more regular basis, thanks to our friends at MCA, you will be well prepared. MCA has released a technical bulletin concerning snow retention and the proper design and use of snow retention devices when a metal roof is involved called Qualifying Snow Retention Systems for Metal Roofing.Continue reading
- The NEW Total Experience – Pay one price and get it all AND in one place! Exhibit Hall for 3 days, non-stop education, Keynote Address, Oktoberfest, Roofing Games, and more. LASTCHANCE to save $40 by registering on line TODAY ONLY. Registration increases to full price on-site starting tomorrow, Tuesday, October 9 at 12:00 noon at the Charlotte Convention Center.
- Iconic Keynote Addresses – INCLUDED in your Total Experience registration! NFL icon, Steve Smith Sr., will deliver his Keynote Address on “Perseverance, Teamwork and Overcoming Obstacles” on Wednesday, October 10 at 11:00 am. Steel icon, Dan DiMicco, will deliver his Keynote Address on “The Economic Plan for Growth and Global Competitiveness in the US – Implications for Steel” on Thursday, October 11 at 11:00 am. Both Keynotes will take place in the NEW METALCON Theatre located on the show floor.
- Dynamic Exhibit Hall – Over 250 top manufacturers on hand exhibiting their latest products and industry solutions. Celebrate “Thinking in Color” with Sherwin Williams and their newly acquired company and long-time METALCON exhibitor, Valspar (Booth #1307), at their social open to all attendees, on Thursday, October 11 from 4:00 – 6:00!
- 2018 MCA Metal Roofing Championship Games “REV EM’ UP” FOR THE CHARLOTTE METAL SPEEDWAY!” – Watch non-stop action on the show floor as contractors compete for cash prizes! Click HERE for the schedule of events.
- The Deck – Stop by to meet METALCON’s show management team, snap a photo at the photo booth, enjoy a cold beer and “give back” for a chance to win awesome raffle prizes!
- GIVE BACK to children this year! Join us as we raise money for the Steve Smith Family Foundation, dedicated to the health and wellness of children. For a minimum donation of $25, you’ll be entered to win raffle prizes, including a Steve Smith autographed Carolina Panther Jersey or NFL football, or two tickets to the Carolina Panthers game with a two-night hotel stay. DONATE on-line or in person at The Deck.
- Learning Centers (Booths 1813 and 1837) – INCLUDED in your Total Experience registration. Offering you flexibility of choice, all-day education on a variety of topics including: Growing Your Business, Ownership/Leadership Transition, Field Techniques, Safety and much more. Click here for the full schedule.
- Innovation Scanner Hunt – Download the METALCON APP for a chance to win cash prizes by scanning ALL 10 Innovation Stations on the show floor. Daily cash drawings will be held at The DECK (Booth #1005), provided once again by DESIGNANDBUILDWITHMETAL.COM
- Metal Roof Installation Training – A METALCON Exclusive! Receive MCA’s Metal Roofing Certificate of Completion after taking this 8-hour training course offered ONLY at METALCON. Course starts tomorrow, Tuesday, October 9 at 1:00 pm. REGISTER today!
- Oktoberfest @ METALCON – Enjoy a cold beer with exhibitors Wednesday & Thursday afternoons from 1-5pm! Click HERE for a full schedule.
JOIN US THIS WEEK AT THE CHARLOTTE CONVENTION CENTER IN CHARLOTTE, NORTH CAROLINA!
Among the many reasons, METALCON named Charlotte as the location of choice this year because of its metal manufacturing industry base. More than 600 regional companies employing nearly 16,000 employees comprise related industries. Nucor Corporation is a Fortune 500 company headquartered in Charlotte, with $16.2 billion in annual revenues and a profit of nearly $800 million. It is the largest U.S.- based steel manufacturer and the 12th largest steel producer in the world.
Local North Carolinian companies that will be exhibiting and attending the show include: 3A Composites; Betco, Inc.; Cape Fear Automation; IMS USA LLC; Metal Fastening Systems Inc.; RCI, Inc.; Union Corrugating and Wuko, Inc.
Getting to Charlotte
By car, plane, train or bus, ease of accessibility is another reason why Charlotte is an excellent location for METALCON. Air service in and out of Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT) is exceptional. Nine major airlines operate at CLT, offering over 700 daily flights with nonstop service to 165 destinations and 33 international destinations. The airport is located only 7 miles away from the Charlotte Convention Center and Downtown hotels, about a 15 minute ride away! Visit Charlotte’s website for detailed information on travel to the city. Once you arrive at the airport, ShuttleFare is offering a $5.00 discount for roundtrip airport shuttles. Click HERE to book your shuttle.
Networking After-Hours … Charlotte’s Dining is Fit for a Queen
Home to culinary incubators like Johnson & Wales University, the Queen City draws innovative chefs who, inspired by their own backgrounds, rethink local and regional delicacies. Visitors can eat, drink and tour Charlotte’s culinary scene by taking advantage of unique tour options via segways, bicycles, or by foot. Check out some of Charlotte’s most popular eats on Charlotte NC Tours’ Taste and Glide Segway Tour or for our “foodies,” you may want to check out FEAST Food Tours. The Taste of Carolina Gourmet Food Tour offers chef creations coupled with learning about the history of the Queen City or if museums are your thing, check out the Taste of the Mint!
Outside of METALCON Show Hours … Charlotte’s Top 5!
Here are the top 5 things (plus a bonus) to do while visiting the “Queen’s City!” Appropriately named for its 325 foot peak, conquer the twists, turns and drops aboard Fury 325, the world’s tallest and fastest giga roller coaster located at Carowinds. Just steps away from the convention center, the heart of racing beats at the NASCAR Hall of Fame. If water is your thing, head to the U.S. National Whitewater Center (USNWC), home of the world’s largest man-made whitewater river and an official Olympic Training Site. You can pay your respects to the late Reverend Billy Graham at The Billy Graham Library. Born in Charlotte in 1918, the renowned evangelist was raised on his family’s dairy farm, just miles away from Charlotte’s Airport.
In less than two weeks, the metal construction industry’s largest international event for metal construction products, technologies and solutions takes place October 10 – 12 at the Charlotte Convention Center.
REGISTER before September 30 and receive a $40 discount off registration.
Safety in the metal building and roofing industry is always of top priority. According to CPWR, Center for Construction Research and Training, “Between 2011 and 2015, the annual number of fall fatalities in construction increased by 36%, exceeding the growth in employment and total fatalities in this industry.” Falls are a common cause of fatal and nonfatal injuries in the construction industry. Continue reading
Check out the METALCON 2018 Total Experience gone live! Pay one price and get access to nearly 300 exhibitors, Keynote Addresses, non-stop education, chances to win cash prizes at the Innovation Stations, MCA Metal Roofing Championship Games, Oktoberfest, and more! All at one price and all in one place – on the show floor!
Only 45 days until the the metal construction industry’s largest international event for metal construction products, technologies and solutions convenes at the Charlotte Convention Center in Charlotte, North Carolina October 10-12, 2018! Make your plans to join us!
METALCON’s commitment to the metal industry goes beyond the exhibits. The annual trade show aims to provide you with an overall experience, including education and training programs. Most of the education sessions are included in your new Total Experience registration with a handful of more extensive special programs available at an additional cost.
GLOBAL INSULATED METAL PANELS MARKET RESEARCH REPORT 2018 SHOWS GROWTH OPPORTUNITY
Insulated metal panels are making headlines with the release of the Global Industrial Insulated Metal Panel Market Research Report 2018. The report studies the global Insulated Metal Panels market status and forecast, categorizes the market size (value & volume) by manufacturers, type, application, and region and focuses on the top manufacturers in North America, Europe, Japan, China and other regions (India, Southeast Asia, Central & South America, and Middle East & Africa). While actual numbers have not been released to the media, the report shows anticipated growth through 2023. Continue reading
Join us October 10-12 at the Charlotte Convention Center in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Reserve your place at METALCON’S TOTAL EXPERIENCE today! Experience the redesigned METALCON this year with everything in one place! We know that “time is money” so the goal is to maximize efficiency along with your return on investment by minimizing the time you spend trying to find everything. ALL exhibits …. ALL education …. ALL keynote addresses … plus the extras you have come to love including the Metal Roofing Championship Games, The Deck, Innovation Stations Scanning Scavenger Hunt, and Oktoberfest … will ALL be located in one place on the trade show floor. AND … for one price!
METALCON’s Total Experience will feature one inclusive cost of $95 for all three days. Experience the exhibit hall, keynote and general sessions, learning centers, Metal Roofing Games and more for one price! REGISTER TODAY!
While you are registering, we encourage you to “Invite a Friend” to join you at METALCON. Click on the link and send your friend or colleague all the information they need to register.
Special programs are also being offered at METALCON 2018 including Metal Roof Installation Certification Training, Best Practices for Installing and Bidding on Insulated Metal Panels, Roll Forming for the Metal Construction Industry Part I and II, MBCEA’s Controlled Decking Zone (Train the Trainer), and Soldering Techniques. These can be selected in the registration process and if selected, include the Total Experience package.
We look forward to seeing you in Charlotte in October!
Become a Certified Metal Roof Installer in just 2 days at METALCON 2018! For the third consecutive year, top experts in the metal roofing industry will lead a two-day, eight-hour certification program based on MCA’s Metal Roof Installation Manual. The Metal Roof Installation Training offers quality face-time with industry experts on substrates, safety, sealants, flashings, panel types and connections, tools, fasteners, maintenance and more. This year’s course will take place Tuesday afternoon, October 9, from 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm and Wednesday, October 10, from 10:00 am – 4:00 pm (including 2 hours on the show floor) at METALCON 2018 in Charlotte, North Carolina. Registration in the training will also include access to the trade show for all three days! Continue reading