As winter weather officially sets in and reports of snow and ice storms appear in the news on a more regular basis, thanks to our friends at MCA, you will be well prepared. MCA has released a technical bulletin concerning snow retention and the proper design and use of snow retention devices when a metal roof is involved called Qualifying Snow Retention Systems for Metal Roofing.Continue reading
You know it’s nearing the end of another year when “best of” lists for everything from music to toys to movies to fashion begin popping up everywhere. The construction and roofing industry is no exception. Here’s a round-up of some of the industry’s “best of the best” from 2018:Continue reading
- The NEW Total Experience – Pay one price and get it all AND in one place! Exhibit Hall for 3 days, non-stop education, Keynote Address, Oktoberfest, Roofing Games, and more. LASTCHANCE to save $40 by registering on line TODAY ONLY. Registration increases to full price on-site starting tomorrow, Tuesday, October 9 at 12:00 noon at the Charlotte Convention Center.
- Iconic Keynote Addresses – INCLUDED in your Total Experience registration! NFL icon, Steve Smith Sr., will deliver his Keynote Address on “Perseverance, Teamwork and Overcoming Obstacles” on Wednesday, October 10 at 11:00 am. Steel icon, Dan DiMicco, will deliver his Keynote Address on “The Economic Plan for Growth and Global Competitiveness in the US – Implications for Steel” on Thursday, October 11 at 11:00 am. Both Keynotes will take place in the NEW METALCON Theatre located on the show floor.
- Dynamic Exhibit Hall – Over 250 top manufacturers on hand exhibiting their latest products and industry solutions. Celebrate “Thinking in Color” with Sherwin Williams and their newly acquired company and long-time METALCON exhibitor, Valspar (Booth #1307), at their social open to all attendees, on Thursday, October 11 from 4:00 – 6:00!
- 2018 MCA Metal Roofing Championship Games “REV EM’ UP” FOR THE CHARLOTTE METAL SPEEDWAY!” – Watch non-stop action on the show floor as contractors compete for cash prizes! Click HERE for the schedule of events.
- The Deck – Stop by to meet METALCON’s show management team, snap a photo at the photo booth, enjoy a cold beer and “give back” for a chance to win awesome raffle prizes!
- GIVE BACK to children this year! Join us as we raise money for the Steve Smith Family Foundation, dedicated to the health and wellness of children. For a minimum donation of $25, you’ll be entered to win raffle prizes, including a Steve Smith autographed Carolina Panther Jersey or NFL football, or two tickets to the Carolina Panthers game with a two-night hotel stay. DONATE on-line or in person at The Deck.
- Learning Centers (Booths 1813 and 1837) – INCLUDED in your Total Experience registration. Offering you flexibility of choice, all-day education on a variety of topics including: Growing Your Business, Ownership/Leadership Transition, Field Techniques, Safety and much more. Click here for the full schedule.
- Innovation Scanner Hunt – Download the METALCON APP for a chance to win cash prizes by scanning ALL 10 Innovation Stations on the show floor. Daily cash drawings will be held at The DECK (Booth #1005), provided once again by DESIGNANDBUILDWITHMETAL.COM
- Metal Roof Installation Training – A METALCON Exclusive! Receive MCA’s Metal Roofing Certificate of Completion after taking this 8-hour training course offered ONLY at METALCON. Course starts tomorrow, Tuesday, October 9 at 1:00 pm. REGISTER today!
- Oktoberfest @ METALCON – Enjoy a cold beer with exhibitors Wednesday & Thursday afternoons from 1-5pm! Click HERE for a full schedule.
JOIN US THIS WEEK AT THE CHARLOTTE CONVENTION CENTER IN CHARLOTTE, NORTH CAROLINA!
Among the many reasons, METALCON named Charlotte as the location of choice this year because of its metal manufacturing industry base. More than 600 regional companies employing nearly 16,000 employees comprise related industries. Nucor Corporation is a Fortune 500 company headquartered in Charlotte, with $16.2 billion in annual revenues and a profit of nearly $800 million. It is the largest U.S.- based steel manufacturer and the 12th largest steel producer in the world.
Local North Carolinian companies that will be exhibiting and attending the show include: 3A Composites; Betco, Inc.; Cape Fear Automation; IMS USA LLC; Metal Fastening Systems Inc.; RCI, Inc.; Union Corrugating and Wuko, Inc.
Getting to Charlotte
By car, plane, train or bus, ease of accessibility is another reason why Charlotte is an excellent location for METALCON. Air service in and out of Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT) is exceptional. Nine major airlines operate at CLT, offering over 700 daily flights with nonstop service to 165 destinations and 33 international destinations. The airport is located only 7 miles away from the Charlotte Convention Center and Downtown hotels, about a 15 minute ride away! Visit Charlotte’s website for detailed information on travel to the city. Once you arrive at the airport, ShuttleFare is offering a $5.00 discount for roundtrip airport shuttles. Click HERE to book your shuttle.
Networking After-Hours … Charlotte’s Dining is Fit for a Queen
Home to culinary incubators like Johnson & Wales University, the Queen City draws innovative chefs who, inspired by their own backgrounds, rethink local and regional delicacies. Visitors can eat, drink and tour Charlotte’s culinary scene by taking advantage of unique tour options via segways, bicycles, or by foot. Check out some of Charlotte’s most popular eats on Charlotte NC Tours’ Taste and Glide Segway Tour or for our “foodies,” you may want to check out FEAST Food Tours. The Taste of Carolina Gourmet Food Tour offers chef creations coupled with learning about the history of the Queen City or if museums are your thing, check out the Taste of the Mint!
Outside of METALCON Show Hours … Charlotte’s Top 5!
Here are the top 5 things (plus a bonus) to do while visiting the “Queen’s City!” Appropriately named for its 325 foot peak, conquer the twists, turns and drops aboard Fury 325, the world’s tallest and fastest giga roller coaster located at Carowinds. Just steps away from the convention center, the heart of racing beats at the NASCAR Hall of Fame. If water is your thing, head to the U.S. National Whitewater Center (USNWC), home of the world’s largest man-made whitewater river and an official Olympic Training Site. You can pay your respects to the late Reverend Billy Graham at The Billy Graham Library. Born in Charlotte in 1918, the renowned evangelist was raised on his family’s dairy farm, just miles away from Charlotte’s Airport.
In less than two weeks, the metal construction industry’s largest international event for metal construction products, technologies and solutions takes place October 10 – 12 at the Charlotte Convention Center.
REGISTER before September 30 and receive a $40 discount off registration.
Check out the METALCON 2018 Total Experience gone live! Pay one price and get access to nearly 300 exhibitors, Keynote Addresses, non-stop education, chances to win cash prizes at the Innovation Stations, MCA Metal Roofing Championship Games, Oktoberfest, and more! All at one price and all in one place – on the show floor!
Only 45 days until the the metal construction industry’s largest international event for metal construction products, technologies and solutions convenes at the Charlotte Convention Center in Charlotte, North Carolina October 10-12, 2018! Make your plans to join us!
Know what’s MAGNIFICENT? The future of women in the roofing and construction industry! While women make up almost 50% of the US workforce, they represent only 9% of the construction industry proving there is a huge growth opportunity for women. From summer camps for high school girls to women in construction being featured at METALCON 2018, steps are being made to increase the numbers.
Today we shine a light on a recent Metal Construction News article about a Summer Camp designed for high school girls to learn about metal roofing installation and careers in construction. And this year at METALCON 2018, catch one of the general sessions led by a panel of leading women professionals in the construction industry. Continue reading
Our friends at Metal Construction News are currently running two industry wide contests: Metal Construction News Building and Roofing Awards and Metal Construction Hall of Fame. Deadlines are quickly approaching on August 23 and September 4, respectively. Continue reading