In exactly nine months, METALCON ’22 will roar into Indianapolis and we can’t wait to accelerate the use of metal in the city known for “The Greatest Spectacle in Racing,” the Indy 500. Calling all presenters who want to educate, engage, inspire and present material in ways that will enhance the METALCON attendees’ experience. Topics must be targeted to address real-world, metal-related opportunities and challenges toward a specific audience segment of the metal construction community (such as management, architects, contractors, installers, etc.). Please no “commercial presentations” or “sales pitches.”
Topics of interest to the program committee include but are not limited to:
- All aspects of building and construction related to metal from basic to advanced concepts
- Designing with and specifying metal for roofing, walls, cladding
- Trends in materials, tools, techniques, building codes
- Metal in Architecture/Design
- Topics related to the building envelope including roofing, walls, cladding, air barriers, and rainscreening
- Construction technologies, benefits/challenges/implementation/resources
- Metal construction safety
- Business strategies including project management, sales, marketing, legal
- Labor, workforce development, diversity, recruiting/encouraging/supporting the next generation
- Sustainability, solar, off-site/modular
Educational sessions take place in Learning Centers and at the Main Stage Theater, all located inside the Exhibit Hall. Sessions are 60 minutes in length (including Q&A). There are also a limited number of opportunities for “extended in-depth workshops.” These courses should be certifications, extensive trainings, or specialty courses. When submitting a workshop, please list the title as “course title – WORKSHOP” so that the reviewer knows it should be considered a workshop.
TO SUBMIT: Visit our Call for Presentations page for additional details and the submission form. Deadline to submit your presentation topic is February 4.
METALCON is produced by PSMJ Resources Inc. and Sponsored by the Metal Construction Association..