As the year begins to wind down, awards and recognitions begin to roll in. Building Design + Construction just announced the winners of their 22nd annual Building Team Awards program, which celebrates excellence in team collaboration and design/construction solutions. Among the 12 winners are one platinum award, five gold awards, three silver awards, two bronze awards, and one honorable mention. While it was not a judged element, it is interesting to see the use of metal in the design and construction of each project.
This year’s sole Platinum honoree goes to LEED Platinum Emory University Student Center, where students were uniquely and intimately involved in the design. Echoing the comments of many of the judges, Anthony Grumbine, AIA, Principal, Harrison Design (and a BD+C “40 Under 40” honoree) saluted Emory and the project team for their “excellent involvement of students,” the high level of sustainable design, and the delicate preservation of Alumni Memorial Union Center.
The other winners include:
- STATUE OF LIBERTY MUSEUM, New York Harbor
- METHODIST RICHARDSON MEDICAL CENTER, Richardson, Texas
- CUNY NEW YORK CITY COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY, New York, New York
- BANNER UNIVERSITY MEDICAL CENTER, Tucson, Arizona
- CHASE CENTER, San Francisco, California
- ALLIANZ FIELD, Minnesota
- NEW YORK PRESBYTERIAN DAVID H. KOCH CENTER, New York, New York
- MORI HOSSEINI STUDENT UNION, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Florida
- FIREHOUSE SHELTER, Birmingham, Alabama