It has been approximately five months since most states began their “lock-down” measures forcing members in our construction industry to react and quickly adjust to doing business differently. While the industry has shown great strength and resilience, designers, contractors, builders, manufacturers, etc, were forced to pivot and make necessary changes. So where are we today? How is the construction industry faring? Here is a round-up of some of the latest news and resources from several of METALCON’s partner associations and publications:
From the Metal Construction Association —
- NEW! UPDATED ENVIRONMENTAL PRODUCT DECLARATIONS as of April 2020
- NRCA Letter to Governor of Michigan sent by National Roofing Contractors Association’s coalition of national and state groups outlining the need to responsibly reopen the roofing industry in Michigan.
- The National Association of Manufacturers and the Manufacturing Leadership Council are hosting COVID-19 webinars to help manufacturers respond —see available webinars. Also visit www.nam.org/coronavirus for latest news and access to government programs addressing the crisis and its impacts upon manufacturing.
- Government sites providing funding opportunities
- Materials prices rise for second straight month since COVID-19 crisis began
- Several natural gas projects halted or canceled in US, Canada
- REPORT: AEC proposal activity at lowest level in a decade
- Which face coverings are best for preventing jobsite coronavirus spread?
BUILDING DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION’S CORONAVIRUS UPDATES
- Is there a way to test for Covid-19 without PPE?
- 4 technologies for improving building sanitization in a post-pandemic society
- The great reset and our new work life
- Listen to past recordings from their Coffee Conversations podcast to hear a conversation with a variety of business and industry experts from the roofing industry in a Q&A format on best practices and advice.
- NEW: RLW – READ LISTEN WATCH – MARK YOUR CALENDAR FOR THE NEXT RLW on July 29th at 11 am PT (2 pm ET).
Recent stories include:
- ABC Cancels Convention 2020
- AIA releases strategies for reducing risk of COVID-19 in senior living communities
- AIA releases strategies and illustrations for reducing risk of COVID-19 in schools