It’s been three years since METALCON’s last show in Las Vegas, and we can’t think of a better place to celebrate the show’s milestone 30th anniversary! METALCON 2020 will take place October 21-23, 2020, in the Las Vegas Convention Center. The headquarter hotel will once again be the Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino, conveniently located adjacent to the convention center. If you are a frequent visitor to Vegas, you know the destination is always reinventing itself and creating new experiences for visitors. Here is a list of “what’s new” according to VisitLasVegas.com:
- Cirque du Soleil has brought its first live action thriller production to the Strip with R.U.N at Luxor Hotel and Casino. Written by acclaimed producer Robert Rodriquez (Sin City, Machete) R.U.N is an unprecedented entertainment experience with cutting-edge technology and multimedia to explore the world of stunts.
- Serving as the gateway to the north Strip, SAHARA Las Vegas has been revamped and remixed to expand its stellar offerings to guests. With an award-winning collection of restaurants ranging from casual to signature, and entertainment options to wow everyone, SAHARA is heating up the Boulevard.
- Trustworthy Brewing Co. & BBQ is now open at the Grand Canal Shoppes at The Palazzo. As the only brewery on the Las Vegas Strip to focus on artisanal batch beers, the brewery is pouring award-winning West Coast-inspired beers brewed onsite as well as from its Burbank, Calif., brewery.
- Channel your inner Elsa, Queen of Arendelle, at the newly opened ICEBAR at The LINQ Promenade. With an unforgettable frozen ambience no matter the time of year, guests are transported to a winter wonderland where drinking frosty cocktails out of glasses made of ice is the norm.
- Chef David Chang recently opened another stellar restaurant with Majordōmo Meat & Fish at The Palazzo Las Vegas. His second Las Vegas restaurant (he also has Momofuku at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas) features local ingredients inspired by the energy of the Las Vegas Strip, with table-side service, a Korean barbecue in the back, and dim sum.
- Inspired by top supper clubs in London and around the world, The Mayfair is dinner and a show done Vegas style, with contemporary American cuisine, plus live multi-act performances that immerse guests into the rule-breaking era of prohibition supper clubs. Overlooking the iconic Fountains of Bellagio, you’ll be able to have a spectacular meal set to the sounds of a world-class pianist, enjoy a cocktail watching showstopping song and dance numbers, or simply have an unforgettable night out celebrating.
Mark your calendar for these important dates: METALCON Housing will open on March 1 and show registration will open in April this year! Your METALCON team has worked extra hard to provide you with earlier access to registration this year to bring you one step closer to the greatest show for metal professionals!
PRE-REGISTER and be the first to know when housing and registration opens!