With only three (business) days to go until we officially open METALCON 2019, here are some exciting show updates regarding the CONTECH technology hub, conference schedule and the METALCON APP. METALCON 2019 is taking place in the “Steel City” of Pittsburgh next week, October 16-19, 2019!
Dronegenuity offers aerial drone services for construction firms. Aerial drone photos and videos are excellent tools for monitoring progress on a consistent basis, getting a detailed overview of your project, and highlighting your completed work.
Felux is the fastest growing steel procurement software in North America. Over 200 companies are realizing the power of integrating digital solutions into their procurement process. Users save time with automated and streamlined processes and save money with supply chain transparency and quote/market analytics. Representatives with Felux will present some of their site functionality in a session in the CONTECH area on Wednesday, October 16 from 2:45 pm – 3:00 pm.
CONTECH, sponsored by United States Steel, is a new area of the METALCON show floor and will showcase the latest in construction technology. CONTECH will also offer daily 30-minute education sessions with demonstrations of the various technology products. To stay ahead of the curve in the industry, this is a MUST visit while at the show.
METALCON CONFERENCE SCHEDULE
There have been several new educational sessions added to the overall Conference Schedule. Check out the Schedule At-A-Glance and create your daily schedule while at the show. Keynote Addresses, General Sessions and Panel Discussions will take place in the PPG Theatre located on the show floor, straight back from Registration down the “Power Aisle.” The two Learning Centers will offer “bite-size” education sessions on Wednesday and Thursday only. Track #1947 will feature 20-30 minute sessions on business strategies and how to get the most out of your business. Track #2033 will offer sessions on more technical topics pertaining to metal products and applications.
The METALCON 2019 APP is available to download through the Apple or Android stores. The APP serves several important functions to get the most from your METALCON experience:
- Set up your daily planner including sessions you want to attend and exhibitors you want to visit.
- Access daily specials available through the APP only.
- Search for exhibitors by keywords and locate them on the floor map.
- Receive real-time daily notifications of when special events are happening on the show floor.
- Play the Innovation Scanner Hunt by scanning the QR code at ALL 12 Innovation Stations located around the show floor and you’ll be entered into the daily cash drawing. The Scanner Hunt is ONLY available thru the METALCON APP. Cash prizes are generously sponsored by long time publication partner, DesignandBuildwithMetal.com.
The METALCON APP is made possible by long time exhibitor and sponsor Sherwin Williams.